Senior Scientist at ETH Zürich
Institute for Biogeochemistry and Pollutant Dynamics
Department of Environmental Systems Science
Universitätstr. 16, Room CHN G 48
CH-8092 Zürich, Switzerland
Phone: +41 44 632 30 62
Fax: +41 44 632 11 89
- Senior Scientist, Department of Environmental Systems Science, ETH Zürich, since 2018
- Professor of Environmental Chemistry, RECETOX, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic, since 2015, ad-personam title of professor bestowed by the President of the Czech Republic in 2019
- Research Scientist, Institute for Chemical and Bioengineering, ETH Zürich, 20052018
- Research Associate, Institute for Chemical and Bioengineering, ETH Zürich, 19992004
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Laboratory of Chemical Engineering, ETH Zürich, 19961998.
- Lecturer, Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences, ETH Zürich, 1997present.
- Lecturer, Department of Environmental Systems Science, ETH Zürich, 1999present.
- Habilitation at the Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences of ETH Zürich (April 2005).
Membership and Awards
- American Chemical Society, Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, German Chemical Society,
Swiss Academic Society of Environmental Research
- Dissertation at the Department of Environmental Sciences of ETH Zürich with a thesis on "Persistence and Spatial Range as Indicators for the Assessment of Environmental Chemicals" (July 1996). Degree: Doctor of Science, DSc.
- Diploma in Chemistry from Johannes-Gutenberg Universität Mainz, October 1990. Diploma work on "Orientational Ordering in Lipid Monolayers: A Two-Dimensional Model of Rigid Rods Grafted onto a Lattice", Institute of Physics, Universität Mainz, Germany.